Keds has a multi-year licensing deal with Taylor Swift for limited edition Keds and wanted to extend their alignment to her 61 date RED tour in the US with additional legs in Europe and Asia. The objectives were to reinforce that Keds is a fashion brand, create an activation that generates social media buzz and debut the new RED Taylor shoe.
G7 created activation footprints including a pop up store concept with instant win prizing to generate traffic and photo marketing stations to generate sharable content. All fans receive coupons to purchase and are offered exclusive info about the new RED shoe.
Key elements included:
- Pop up store concept featuring 100 pairs of Keds with Taylor’s imagery from the Keds campaign.
- Digital kiosks collect fan info and style preferences for email marketing post-show and provide a “spin the wheel” instant win game tactic to award free shoes, RED tour shoelaces, magnets and discount coupons.
- “Brave Girls” photo marketing in which fans share poster messages as to what makes them brave/fearless. Photos are pushed to fan emails for viral sharing.
- Quick screen signage provides unmanned photo ops throughout the venue with CTA to text to get info on the new RED shoe.
- Extended the North America footprint to international legs.
The photo marketing succeeded in generating over 10,000 Facebook impressions per show in North America and 12,000 Facebook impressions per show in Europe. In Asia we delivered content to the local preferred social media outlets. Although we cannot share shoe sales figures, Keds parent company, Wolverine, won Footwear Plus “Company of the Year” in 2013 which is voted on by top retailers.