COVERGIRL ’13 Nailgating Events Drive Buzz
As the official beauty sponsor of the NFL, COVERGIRL wanted to engage women by offering them team-inspired nail looks using the ’13 Outlast Stay Brilliant nail line at COVERGIRL “nailgating(R)” events.
Working with COVERGIRL’s agency, UEG, G7 designed and fabricated all activation elements, devised low barrier activation activities and hired experienced manicurists and brand staff. The COVERGIRL nailgating tour attended 7 NFL team fan zone events from the Dallas Cowboys to the NY Giants from September to November.
Key elements included:
- Customized structure design with interchangeable local team signage
- Outlast nail bars staffed with manicurists to deliver “fanicures”, custom team-themed nail art designs
- Photo marketing with social sharing to drive CRM
- Gaming included a football toss and corn hole to award instant win prizes: NFL giftcards, product, koozies, sunglasses and foam fingers
- National media coverage of the activation on ESPN
- Almost 1,000 mini manicures delivered
- Over 500+ photos taken
- Over 2500+ prize giveaways