Constellation Brands wanted to generate trial of Thorny Rose Wine with millennial women using music as a way to engage them in a consumption occasion. G7 was brought in to identify target-right acts and an activation plan along with sister agency of record, Partners + Napier.
G7 aligned Thorny Rose Wine with up-and-coming indie rock band, Walk The Moon, to sponsor 8 dates on their highly successful 2013 fall tour.
Key elements included:
- Pouring rights on sponsored dates
- To engage consumers at the venue we offered an, instaprint photo station featuring the hashtags #TRWTM2013 or #feelingthorny which immediately printed photos onsite for a TRW-branded memory
- Band social media participation throughout campaign
- An 8 week Checkd.in social media sweepstakes supported with Pandora ads rewarded fans for providing their email, “Liking” TRW’s Facebook page or retweeting a post with multiple sweeps entries to win 2 trips to meet the band on tour
- Meet & Greets with selected guests and winners
- The sweeps resulted in over 2 actions taken by each user for solid engagement producing over 7MM impressions
- Instaprint generated over 100,000 social impressions via social sharing with over 500 fans participating pre-show
- TRW’s Twitter community increased over 125% during the promotion and Instagram increased over 1000%