ConAgra’s Cause Related Campaign to End Child Hunger Featuring Hunter Hayes, Jewel, Owl City, Jay Sean
ConAgra Foods has been a partner with Feeding America for almost 20 years, which serves as the foundation of the company’s largest cause-marketing program, “Child Hunger Ends Here.” The campaign brings attention to the issue and inspires consumers to redeem codes on specially marked products to provide a free meal to the 1 in 5 kids who go to bed hungry. G7 was tasked to differentiate ConAgra Foods’ involvement from other participating CPG companies.
- G7 devised a plan to incent action by creating an emotion-evoking anthem for the campaign with rising country music star, Hunter Hayes and other prolific songwriters that resulted in the song, “Here’s Hope.” The tracks served as the consumer reward for code redemption.
- Aligned with music artists who had a passion for the cause and in Jewel’s case, a personal connection
- Commissioned a song which was then recorded by Jewel, Jay Sean and Owl City, representing 3 new interpretations of the same song in their corresponding genres
- Created a megaphone moment with a live performance of “Here’s Hope” on CBS’s 2012 Academy of Country Music Awards performed by Little Big Town with a children’s choir
- Coordinated efforts with integrated partners, including advertising, consumer promotions, digital, public relations and social media, and shopper marketing
- Campaign PR and social media efforts resulted in millions of earned media impressions and social conversations
- ConAgra Foods share of voice was higher than that of similar, competitive programs about hunger
- Consumer linkage of ConAgra Foods and the company’s brands to the issue of hunger increased
- The ACM Awards show drew 12.5million viewers and a Nielsen rating of 7.8 (up 3% versus year ago)
- Creative assets leveraged at retail in key accounts